Sunday, June 14, 2015

Here comes the sun...


There's a challenge going on over at Cuttlebug Mania, and the theme is "sunny." I just finished making this "minion" card, and knew it would be perfect for the challenge. The little guy was made from a SU! owl punch, and the grass he's standing in was done with snippets of green cardstock and a SNSS grass die. The sun was die cut with a lil Inker small sun die and my Big Shot,  while the little orange center was done with a SSS Bella Bloom die. The center was done with a hole punch and a snippet of red. The two ovals were cut with SB oval and scalloped oval dies and the sentiment is from Deedee's digis. The polka dot paper is from Lawn Fawn, and I added stitches to the overalls with a white Sharpie marker.

I'm also sharing this over at the two-week long Snippets Playground  challenge #181 & 182.

Thanks for stopping by today and I wish you a brilliant sun-shiny day!

Carol

18 comments:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Ah ah!!! You are the queen of the fun cards! Also today you made me smile! The minion is so cool and your design adorable, so colourful!
A perfect sunny card, my friend!

cotnob said...

A fun card Carol, such a cut minion and fabulous sunny scene.
Pauline
x

jimlynn said...

So much fun and so very cute! Love the little Minion and that bright sun and paper. PRECIOUS!
Lynn

Brenda said...

Another cute and fabulous minion card Carol! Love you sunny scene, pun intended. lol This is a card that will surely brighten someone's day! Hugs, Brenda

aussie aNNie said...

and hello sunshine to you too....great card, full of sunshine.xxx{aNNie My Personal Blog}

Di said...

Oh this is just great Carol! I might have to steal the minion idea :)

Hugs

Di xx

Kathy said...

What a HAPPY card! Love the Minion.

Kathy said...

What a HAPPY card! Love the Minion.

Irish Cherokee said...

Really cute. Just love those crazy minions. Could not be any more perfect.

Love, Hugs and Blessings
Jim

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Well dang, how did I miss this cute Minion? I was still seeing your piggy this morning. Love the little scene you put him into.

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Very cute! And very sunny!

Jean said...

This little chap is fun and I love the bright sunny colours.
Jean x

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Cuttlebug Mania, good luck!!! Amy DT

scrappymo! said...

So fun! Also just love the way you made your sun...that additional star piece is fab!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Oh this is so fun, love it.

nwilliams6 said...

I love these minions - I finally saw Despicable Me the other day. I see a new movie is coming soon and I want to see it. Your card is so fabulously fun and cute my friend. Hugz

Sarn said...

Ha ha ha . . . A-DOR-ABLE xxx

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

So cute. Clever to use the SU Owl punch. I have that punch and am inspired but this to make one like yours.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"