Monday, September 25, 2017

Turning 70


Today my husband and I celebrate our birthdays, and this is the card I made for him. I used a SU! number stamp set to make the "70" with Versamark ink on black, then embossed it with gold embossing powder. I die-cut the rings with Gina Marie Designs stitched ovals and added 2 gold brads. The Birthday Wishes were cut from gold mirror cardstock and die-cut with Gina Marie Designs dies. I placed it on a piece of dsp and put it all on a vanilla cardbase. My husband has always been an avid horse fan, so this year the horse is on the inside with a printed sentiment. I think the milestone birthday number should be the focal element this year :)

I used some new heavyweight vanilla cardstock from SU! to make this card and I really like the thickness of it. It is much sturdier than their regular vanilla, and this is my "NBUS" (Never Before Used Schtuff) that I'm using to enter Darnell's NBUS Challenge #12.



Thanks for stopping by and make it a great Monday!

Carol

14 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Big HAPPY BIRTHDAY ♪♪ to you both and what a beautiful card you made for hubby...wishing you both health and happiness.xx

Janice M said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you and your hubby! Hope you have a wonderful day. You could both go to Shady Maple and have free meals together. Awesome card love the white on kraft. The touch of black really makes it "pop".

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Happy Happy Birthday to you and your hubby!!!! Enjoy your day!! You made for your husband really a fab masculine card! Gorgeous embossing and dp!!

Claire said...

Many happy returns of the day to you both and what a super card you made, I like the little brads offset from the '70' and the gold on the black really pops x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I'm sure he loved this with the special birthday you both are having. I hope you had a HAPPY HAPPY day. I love the number on the front.
Faith
x

cotnob said...

A super card Carol, a fabulous masculine design.
Wishing you and your husband a very Happy Birthday - did he make you a card?
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Princess Judy Palmer said...

This is a cool card. I like the bold gold 70 right front and center. Happy birthday to the both of you!

Jean said...

A very Happy Birthday to you and your husband, I bet he loved the super card you made for him.
Jean x

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

I always find it so fascinating that you celebrate a two-fer! Hope you had a wonderful day, full of memorable moments. Great card!

JD/ Jill said...

Wonderful Card! Happy Birthday to both of you! Hope you managed to get the "Free" meal today! I am so sorry that Your card will be late. You always get a beautiful card in the mail for me...(and on time!)
(I don't have Cherie's done so hers will be late too).
I think I'm hopeless!

Stampsnob. said...

Hope he had a wonderful birthday I am sure he enjoyed beautiful card ..................Lis

Darnell said...

You've made a great manly card for hubby's 70th, Carol! I agree with you that the number should be the focus; it's a huge milestone to be embraced with awe and gratitude, lol! That DSP is a fantastic background!! Thank you so much for playing in NBUS Challenge #12! Hugs, Darnell

CdeBaca Crafts Gallery said...

Happy Birthday!! And such a great card!

Verna Angerhofer said...

What a wonderful 70th birthday card you made for your hubby! I am sure he will love it.